Joining PTA supports local, state and national efforts to improve the education of children and the lives of families. Membership provides the opportunity for individuals to raise their voices with others throughout the state and nation to protect children’s rights.
Membership ensures that PTA’s voice is heard on issues affecting young people as well as providing opportunities for parent education, communication and leadership development.
Anyone who is interested in the education and well-being of Tierra Bonita children (parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles…) may join. Each membership makes our PTA stronger.
Our annual Halloween carnival features rides, games, food, prizes and lots of fun. Families are invited to come enjoy a great entertainment value while supporting our school.
The STARs (Science, Technology, Arts and Reading) Dinner & Auction is an annual adults only dinner and auction co-hosted by PTA and TBEF. The funds we raise are used to fund Science Labs, Technology, Arts, and Reading programs for the students of Tierra Bonita.
Budget cuts have taken the funding from programs that administrators, teachers and parents feel are necessary for a well-rounded educational experience. It is up to us now to replace this funding. And, what better way to do so than without having to reach into your own pocket? All it takes is a few minutes of your time, whether to sign up for a program, or clip a label. Those dimes and dollars add up quickly, especially when everyone participates! Please take a few minutes to sign up with the following Community Partners and Give Back Programs!
- Amazon Smiles: A percentage of your purchases from Amazon.com will go to Tierra Bonita when you begin your Amazon shopping with this link: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/95-
- Target Take Charge of Education: We’ve discovered a terrific way to raise funds for our school. It’s super-easy, and all you have to do is use your Target REDCard Visa or MasterCard. We receive a percentage of the total of each purchase you charge in the form of a cash donation from Target through the Take Charge of Education® program. Visit www.target.com/tcoe or call 1-800-316-6142 to designate our school.
- Office Depot: A percentage of your purchases from Office Depot will go to Tierra Bonita when you begin your shopping with this link:
- Labels for Education: Log in to www.elabelsforeducation.com, sign up, and link to all of your grocery stores’ loyalty cards…almost every store participates, and you can link to multiple stores! Every time you purchase a “Labels for Education”product, your product’s point value will automatically be added to our school’s account.
- Box Top: BoxTops are small coupons found on many items you already purchase. By simply clipping out the coupons from the package and bringing them into school, you help raise thousands of dollars for our programs and events since each coupon is worth 10¢.
- eBox Top: eBox Tops that are earned electronically and automatically when you link your store loyalty/rewards cards to a specific store’s Box Tops program. When you purchase Box Tops items, electronic Box Tops are credited to our school. These are in ADDITION to the ones from the package, and often are part of a Bonus Promotion! Earn 5 FREE e-Box Tops from each of these programs just for signing up!
- Ink Cartridge Recycling: The PTA recycles used ink jet cartridges through Staples. We receive a $2.00 store credit for each ink or toner cartridge we submit. Proceeds from this program will be used to purchase paper products and teacher rewards. Please place used cartridges in a bag, and label with your teacher’s name. Each cartridge turned in will earn your teacher an additional entry in the reward drawings.
- Restaurants: During the school year, the PTA will arrange for “Dine Out” nights with local restaurants. When you submit the flyer with your bill, the restaurant will donate a certain percentage of the day/evening’s sales back to the school. Enjoy an evening out with your family, and support TBPTA in the process.